Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT?
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is an evidenced based therapy developed by Aaron Beck in 1960
• Primary Principles of CBT is that that thoughts influence our feelings.
• The sequence to emotions is established as; Event— Thoughts— Feelings— Actions— Results.
• In order to feel a specific emotion, there must be a thought that influences that emotion first.
Feelings and emotions do not originate from the heart, they come from your brain and thoughts. Feelings come from automatic thoughts:
• An automatic thought is a thought which we may not pay close attention to
• Automatic thoughts are interpretations, labels, and judgements that we place on the world, others and most importantly we place them on ourselves
What Can CBT help you with:
• CBT can be used with teenagers and adults who struggle with a range of feelings
• Feelings such as; Depression, Anxiety, Worry, Fear, Shame, Guilt, Perfectionism, Low Self Esteem, Bad Habits, and Anger
How Does CBT work?
CBT uses specific interventions such as;
• Recognizing negative Automatic Thoughts
• Identifying Negative Self Talk &Learning and Identifying Thought Errors
• Thought Journaling & Though Scaling
• Breathing and Relaxation Techniques
If you’re ready to see if CBT can help you address your uncomfortable feelings, then Schedule a Consultation with us today.